Re: [Health-dev] [bug #46665] sex should not be required

From: Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [bug #46665] sex should not be required
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 09:19:05 -0500

Dear comunity

Dear Luis,

On Sun, 2015-12-13 at 12:23 +0000, Luis Falcon wrote:

Let's not confuse the physical sex with legal or gender. This
issue has been brought up several times already, and I will change the
term "sex" for "gender" in the person (party) model.

Whatever you do, please don't change sex to gender. They are very different concepts and sex is what we care about in health. [1]

Before doing an answer I have asked to two health professional about the sex and told me that, for medical reason is strongly important, no sexual choise, phisical sex is strongly important, since the phisical sexuality is important information for manage healt, if the patient will be a part of a surgery, phisicla sex is really strongly important, is no the same manage drugs to a male or female body. If the health would be realted to any kind ( no health and body ) sex wouldnt be important. Finally, a person who change his sex, also must provide this information for historial, since it must be considered for health professionals.

I hope do my small contrinution to the thread