Re: [Health-dev] HL7 PDQ module

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] HL7 PDQ module
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 22:43:04 -0700

Hiya all!

> In how far is this compatible with the FHIR interfaces released in
> this version?  Even if the transport mechanisms are different,
> I suppose part of the code (e.g. searching for a patient) can (and
> thus should) be shared.

Good point. The interfaces are different, from what I gather, since that
is working with HL7 v2.x. The patient searching is... meh. I mean,
I just used the search/search_read/etc. methods on the models. I suppose
they could use some of the code that creates complex tryton search
queries from arguments. Although it's rather ugly. Hehe.

> > Dear Luis, Emilien, Chris and GNU Health community,
> > it's been a while since we talked about the implementation of an HL7 PDQ
> > module, but we managed to complete a first implementation. Recently we
> > mentioned GNU Health and the module as a use case of HL7apy in an article
> > for the IHIC 2015 conference (http://ihic2015.hl7cr.eu/). The article has
> > been published and presented at the conference and it is available here (
> > http://www.ejbi.org/en/ejbi/artinfo/200-en-27.html).
> >
> > I'll try to explain the main feature of the module:
> >
> >    - we have implemented an MLLP server that can handle different type of
> >    messages. Currently it handles only the PDQ and PDQV incoming messages
> > but
> >    it is implemented to be extended to handle other message types;
> >    - when a PDQ request arrives, the module searches for the patient
> >    demographics information in the database, embeds them in the PDQ response
> >    and sends the response to the client;
> >    - as suggested by Emilien in a previous email, we've created two new
> >    Tryton modules to configure both the HL7 server and the PDQ module. From
> >    the HL7 configuration module it is also possible to start/stop the MLLP
> >    server
> >
> > If you agree we would like to push our code to the default branch in order
> > to let you see our module and, if you want, try it and contribute.

Awesome! I'll take a look! HL7 v2 is more widely supported (I think), so
this is good stuff.

-C