Re: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 00:11:51 +0100

* Luis Falcon: " Re: [Health-dev] Blood Bank Module" (Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:51:41
  -0300):

Hi Luis,

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:22:02 -0700
> Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hiya!
> >
> > > I'm in the final stages of building a Blood Bank management system
> > > based on Django. Over the last few months however, I have been
> > > working a lot with GNU Health and Tryton.
> >
> > Awesome! =-)
> >
> > > Considering that the folks responsible for the Django app are
> > > planning to release it with an OSS license, I was thinking to use
> > > some of the effort and knowledge to create a blood bank module for
> > > GNU Health.
> >
> > Awesome ^ 2! =-)
> >

> Thanks for pointing this out !
>
> We had a quite interesting discussion on this in the Spanish GNU
> Health mailing some months ago.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-es/2014-08/msg00112.html
>
> From this thread we came to the conclusion that the best way to
> start is with a generic module with the common functionality for
> transplantable tissues / organs, and from there create specifics for
> each of them.
>
> Let us know your thoughts.

From the perspective of modeling the conception of HLA matching [0] will serve
multiple aspects and I think you are perfectly right to implement it first.

Best,
Mathias

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_leukocyte_antigen

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://www.m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6