Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health

From: Oscar Alvarez
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 11:28:11 -0500

On 11/12/14 09:45, Cédric Krier wrote:
On 11 Dec 09:03, Oscar Alvarez wrote:
On 08/12/14 15:10, Cédric Krier wrote:
Still HTML5 application is more portable. For example, I can not run
your test program on my FirefoxOS while I can run any HTML5 application.
And I think FirefoxOS is realy an important target for GNU Healt as it
is used for cheap devices [1]

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/os/devices/
Yes, you are right html5 is better than Qt,  but what do you think about
build on Apache Cordova [1]?

[1] http://cordova.apache.org/
I don't know about it but with HTML5 you really not need often something
else to build application.
Generally, I just use jQuery to hide some bad design of javascript.
Unfortunately all mobile OS requires build apps with "native" tools, and I think to use web browsers for open application client in phones is very slow (performance), because just browser one eats memory and cpu resources, instead native app made for example with Cordova/Phonegap (pure html5), doesn't require browser opened.

I think phone app target isn't initially for tryton users with hard work, instead for managers, ceo, directors or coordinators, mainly it consults records, approbation of records, etc

This Apps was made with Phonegap (Cordova Apache), pure html5

http://phonegap.com/app/android/

I think that sao code maybe is useful for starting with Cordova. :)

and I am sure if when you talk about web client is just sao (running inside
a web browser),  and phones it requires open web browser?

or sao is just for desktop web client and using sao base code build phone
app?
sao is designed to be a desktop general purpose client but with this
campaign [1] (if it succeeds) sao will have some features to run smoother
on small screen. But I still think that specific web application is
needed for common tasks.

[1]
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sao-a-beautiful-web-client-for-tryton

+1, I hope put me little perk