Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default PUID configuration and features f

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default PUID configuration and features for GNU Health in distributed environments
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 12:34:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hello Luis

Thanks for the reply. If the patient's/person's local health ID,
their regional health ID and their national health ID are in a similar format
then surely they will get mixed up if they are not displayed on screen with an
"ID Type".

The following is unlikely but possible:

Patient A local health ID:
123456
Patient A regional health ID: 234567
Patient A national health ID:
345678

If GNU Health doesn't attach and display (on screen) an ID Type with
each patient ID then surely patient records are more likely to get mixed up?

In an ideal world all patients/persons would have a single national health ID
but in reality a local "temporary" health ID (temporary system ID) may have to
be created for an emergency admission unconscious patient.

Sorry to keep
"nagging on" about this but I think it is very important that we get the right
solution.

Regards

Andrew