Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default configuration and features for GN

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default configuration and features for GNU Health in distributed environments
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 16:50:18 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks Luis

I am trying to understand how a clerical person/administrator can
understand a patient's ID if they have "several" to choose from.

12345
67890

888777666
123-987-567

These numbers (ID's) don't really mean anything unless
we attach an ID "type" to each.

12345  (National Card ID)
67890  (National
Health ID)
888777666  (GNU Health System ID)
123-987-567  (Private Health
Infomation ID = sexual health ID)

This situation happens a lot in the UK. Our
patients might have a number of different computer ID's but unless we know
where they are from (ID type) then how can we link patient clinical information
from different IT systems together (via HL7 FHIR)?

I hope I am not over
complicating this problem ???   :-)

Regards

Andrew