[Health-dev] gnuhealth packages for Debian (was: Roadmap gnuhealth)

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: [Health-dev] gnuhealth packages for Debian (was: Roadmap gnuhealth)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:02:56 +0200

* Emilien Klein: " Re: [Health-dev] Roadmap gnuhealth (was: Force removal of
  gnuhealth* packages in sid?)" (Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:14:11 +0200):

Crossposting to address@hidden and address@hidden to reach both users and
developers, Followup-To: address@hidden set

Hello GNU Health users and developers,

as a first step to do the packaging layout for debian.tryton.org [1] I would
like to know about some experiences with GnuHealth.

The current install script provided by the gnuhealth package [2] installs all
available gnuhealth modules into the server path. Usually for reasons of
security and bug fixes it is good practice to only install the really needed
packages into a production environment. So here comes my question:

Are the gnuhealth modules always used and needed alltogether in your
installations or are you using rather subsets of all modules?

If there is the slight chance, that some use cases will only afford a subset of
the gnuhealth modules, it will be preferable to package them individually (the
same way as gnuhealth is only using a subset of the Tryton base modules).

Thanks a lot for your input,
Mathias

[1]
> >> From: Emilien Klein <address@hidden>
> >> To: address@hidden
> >> Subject: Closing bug report
> >> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 08:59:29 +0200
> >>
> >> As GNU Health was removed from the archive, this bug report is "fixed".
> >> Closing bug report.
> >>
> >> Mathias, I am confident that in case you are picking up the package
> >> [0] you will make sure to address your concerns ;)
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help and comments on this package.
> >>    +Emilien
> >> [0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health/2014-06/msg00008.html
> >
> > What do you mean by 'picking up'?
>
> I meant inclusion in the Tryton Debian archive. Similar to what you've
> just indicated [4].
>
> [4]
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/tryton-debian/2014-September/002790.html

[2]
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/file/f60c74b93db5/tryton/gnuhealth_install.sh

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6