Re: [Health-dev] [task #13190] Health crypto module functionality

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #13190] Health crypto module functionality
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 21:48:01 +0100

Hi Nico !

On Wed, 7 May 2014 13:31:11 +0200
Nicolas Évrard <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Luis Falcon  [2014-05-02 10:48 +0200]:
> >Dear all
>
> Hello Luis,
>
> >A short summary of the module that I'm working for GNU Health :
> >
> >The health_crypto module will provide the following functionality :
> >
> >* Document Serialization
> >* Document hashing (MD)
> >* Document signing
> >* Document verification
> >* Document encryption
> >
> > … snip …
> >
> >Comments / suggestions are most welcome.
>
> According to me this kind of feature is not GNU Health specific and
> should probably be discussed on the tryton-contrib@ mailing list.
>
> Moreover I am a bit puzzled by the name of the module you have chosen
> according to me it implies that this module is dedicated for GNU
> Health while the five functionalities could be useful to others too.

I discussed this with you on IRC and other ocassions. I actually
proposed "trytond_crypto" as the original name, and then create the
specifics for GNU Health in "health_crypto", but you asked me not to use
"trytond_crypto" since that prefix is for the core "official module"
of tryton, and that chances were, that this functionality would not be
part of the core, and I respect your decision.

So, that's why I created the health_crypto :)

We will include part of this functionality in the next GNU Health
release (July), so time is a factor.

Let me propose again calling the main module "trytond_crypto" and
probably plugins for the GTK client (under the backend directory) and I
will move all the GNU Health related functionality to health_crypto. I
still have time to do so.

Thanks !

Best,