Re: [Health-dev] Installing GNUHealth from source

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Installing GNUHealth from source
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:12:18 -0300

Hi Kaushik !

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Kaushik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have some questions regarding GNUHealth sources.
>
> 1) I understand that there are three things :
>
> - GNUHealth (http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz)
> - GNUHealth modules (say
> http://downloads.tryton.org/2.6/trytond_account-2.6.3.tar.gz)
> - Tryton server (http://downloads2.tryton.org/2.6/trytond-2.6.3.tar.gz).
>
>   Is it possible to explain the relationship between GNUHealth and Tryton
> server?.

GNU Health are a set of Tryton modules. What you get from the sources
( http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/health/gnuhealth-latest.tar.gz ) are all the
modules to that make GNU Health. These modules will go in the
"modules" directory of the Tryton server.
Then, you will update your database instance by installing them from
the modules menu
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation)

> 2) How do I remove the existing installation completely?  Can I just delete
> the .local directory and install from the sources?.  Or are there other
> setup files etc copied elsewhere? What about the database files?
It depends on how you did the initial installation.

If you used the "source code", local user installation, you will have
everything under the gnuhealth user directory. If you remove the user
with its home directory (ej, /home/gnuhealth), you will remove the
whole installation.

Then you will have to drop the database instance that you have created
( use dropdb command ).

Best,

--
Luis Falcon