Re: [Health-dev] Field to enter patient phone/mobile number

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Field to enter patient phone/mobile number
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 11:22:11 -0300

Hi Arun

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Arun I <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there no field to enter patient phone/mobile number?
>
> We, in India, do not have Social Security Numbers, and a phone number
> would be a quick and easy way to search for patients.

You can use any uniqe ID issued by your country on the field "SSN".
You can translate this field to fit your country term.
In the upcoming 2.0, you have extra IDs (so foreign citizen can use
their passport and / or other type of identification code ).
> In any case, patient phone number is very useful data to have.
This functionality is already there. Please check it on the "contact
mechanisms" in the party demographics. You can use phone, email, cell
phone number...

Best regards

--
Luis Falcon