Re: [Health-dev] [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Demo Database

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [Health] GNU Health 1.4.2 Demo Database
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 15:38:27 +0200

Hi Luis,

On 25 November 2011 22:26, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ronald !

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 4:57 PM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
> On 13 November 2011 20:04, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ronald
>> I'm moving this to the development mailing list. Check my comments
>> below and let me know what you think
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Hi Luis,

>> > when do we expect it to be finished?  How does one contribute to
>> > building
>> > the demo database?
>> This will be an ongoing project...with the time it will get richer.
>> We have a "demo" directory on the source file.
>
> I am newbie, you will have to be patient with me. I checked here and could
> not find a demo directory: http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/
You can check it under main tryton dir in Savannah
For example
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/file/c764e3866b79/tryton/demo

Newbie question, how do I use the two files to populate the database with the demo data?  Is there a proteus manual?

Regards and thanks
Ronald.

> Google led me to:
> https://medical.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/medical/medical/trunk/tryton/demo/
> Is this the right place and what you are referring to?
>>
>> There is where we are
>> shaping up the information for the demo DB.
>> It's important to have a clear definition of the "base" demo system
>> for consistency.
>
> I totally agree
>

>> It's also good because then we can relate to those
>> characters in different situations, in demos and in trainings.
>> So, some points :
>> - Never use real data (always fictious names and info)
>> - The information should be valid for different cultures
>> - Health Center : We have created the "GNU Solidario Hospital" in Las
>> Palmas, Spain (of course does not exist in reality )
>> - Family : Betz family : John,  Ana and two kids.
>> - Ana : The main character. Born  4 October 1985 . She's policewoman
>> (school teacher is another possibility ). She has Type 1 Diabetes
>> since she was 9 years old. She has been on insuline treatment since
>> then and now she's using a insuline-pump with very good results. She
>> is allergic to penicillin, with a anaphylaxis episode when she was 4.
>> The picture I use of her is the one that is in most of the screenshots.
>> - I have created a family medicine doctor, "Cameron Cordara"
>>
>> From this point on, we have a lot of data to put
>> - More health centers
>> - Family members (aside from Ana ) information
>> - All the obstetric, perinatal and puerperium information of the two
>> gravidas
>> - Family information (Family functionality, members, operational
>> sectors... )
>> - Lifestyle
>> - Socioeconomics
>> - Imaging ( X-rays, CTs, MRIs.. )
>> - Genetic info / risks
>> - Surgeries
>> - Lab results
>> - Clinical history of the family
>>
> From the Sourceforge link referenced earlier, will all the above information
> added via the CSV file or have to manually added to the demo data?
> In your previous email you also mentioned the use of proteus, I have no
> slight idea of what that is. Googling proteus comes up with lots of stuff
> that is not related to computers or software. I came across this on pypi
> package list:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/proteus/2.2.0
> Is this what you are referring to and does one need to have a through
> understanding of proteus to be able to contribute to the demo database
> project.

Proteus is a way for inputing data and create scenarios. It's quite
nice actually.

The way I am doing it, is by putting the data in csv encoded, and then
have the proteus program upload it to the demo db.

It's just a start, but that will give us a lot of flexibility, not
only for demos, but for scenarios and stress testing, i think.

Best

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health