Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah

From: zodman
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health Mercurial repository at Savannah
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 18:07:08 -0500

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 13/09/11 22:53 +0200, Cédric Krier wrote:
>> On 13/09/11 17:41 -0300, Luis Falcon wrote:
>> > I'm opening a task at the Savannah with the subject of "package manager for
>> > GNU Health", so we can work on it, and assigning it to you :-)
>>
>> No problem. But I want to know if the setup.py scripts will be also used when
>> new release is published.
>
> Here is the first patch for medical module [1], it is a similar patch of
> zodman but I have kept the version numbering requirements etc.
> If it is ok, I will continue for other modules.
>
> I have tested it by running:
>
>    python setup.py test
>
> And it fetched trytond, trytond_party etc. and it runs correctly the test.
>
> So once every module will have their own setup.py, the release manager should
> just run:
>
>    python setup.py sdist upload
>
> To put the module on PyPI.
>
> PS: the release manager should register with his PyPI account once every
> modules with:
>
>    python setup.py register
>
> PS2: of course the setup.py script contains the version number of trytond as
> it
> can not be deduced from the GNUHealth numbering.
>

> [1] https://codereview.appspot.com/5003046
>
> --
> Cédric Krier
>
> B2CK SPRL
> Rue de Rotterdam, 4
> 4000 Liège
> Belgium
> Tel: +32 472 54 46 59
> Email/Jabber: address@hidden
> Website: http://www.b2ck.com/

Other idea

All modules can use setuptools and the configure script ( what is a
gnu requires) can change and execute on each dir. the:

python setup.py install

So with this we can upload it to pypi and maintain the single tar.gz
this for all people what know the gnuhealth can install from tar.gz
and autotools.

What do you think?¿

--
Andres Vargas