guix-europe

Re: pre-Guix Days

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: pre-Guix Days
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 12:41:03 +0100

Hi Leo,

Sorry to be late.   Thank you for your email!

On Tue, 20 Oct 2020 at 19:54, Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> wrote:

> I am available to assist with this event, especially in the areas of audio /
> video encoding and streaming, and as a moderator.

The first remaining step is to decide and make the stream work.  The choice are:

  a) apply to fosshost,org which ran the ActivityPub Conf and other
  b) run our own instance of BBB.

Personally I am in favor of a) since it is easier.  Chris proposed to
run b) on the Bayfront machine.  I do not have an opinion, just I will
not have so much time for this item.  This is discussed on
guix-sysadmin and you are CC, right?
If other people want to join and help, please raise.

BTW, it is a good idea to list potential moderator people. :-)  Thank
you for the offer.

> Please feel free to direct any questions on those topics to me. I don't have
> any experience with the BBB platform but I can do research and testing as
> requested.

I do not have tried myself yet.  But what I would appreciate to have
if i have a video to do would be a "recipe":

 - which tools
 - how to configure them (quality, size, etc.)
 - suggestion where to upload

Well, that's on my TODO list but I am running a bit out of time.  Feel
free to go ahead. :-)

(Then this recipe could go to the website and to the reminder
announce, for helping people.)

Cheers,
simon