guix-devel

Re: GNU Shepherd 0.10.0rc1 available for testing!

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: GNU Shepherd 0.10.0rc1 available for testing!
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 20:29:52 +0200

Thank you shepherds!  Also the explanations in the news are great.
Finally I understand why GOOPS is not desirable in shepherd.

For Guix Home:

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:
> In your operating system configuration (and similarly for your
> ‘home-environment’), make the following changes:

For Guix Home, it works for me to put this in home-environment; no need
to fiddle with home-environment-essential-services.

(home-environment
  …
  (services
   (list (service home-shepherd-service-type
                  (home-shepherd-configuration
                   (shepherd shepherd-next)))
         …

Regards,