guix-devel

Re: Greater bug specifics for automatic team assignment

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Greater bug specifics for automatic team assignment
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:29:11 -0700

Hi Simon,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2023 at 10:02 AM Simon Tournier
<zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do you have in mind?

In my recollection of using Debbugs in Debian, which uses a slightly
different version with more features (for example, a SOAP interface)
than the instance provided by GNU.org, there is a feature called "user
tags." They allow anyone to set arbitrary labels. [1]

Personally, I used regular tags frequently when co-maintaining Lintian
in Debian. They were super helpful when dealing with hundreds of bugs.
I therefore thought user tags could be helpful in Guix, especially for
teams. I may not be alone. [2]

We even have a section about them in the Guix manual, although I
haven't seen them being used much. [3]

Kind regards
Felix

[1] See "usertag", https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/doc/debbugs-ug.html