guix-devel

Re: Setuid handling?

From: Saku Laesvuori
Subject: Re: Setuid handling?
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 20:04:22 +0300

> >  /run/setuid-programs/ should be at the top of your PATH.
>
> Well, the home profile ends up being first here:

I, too, have my home profile as the first one. Having peeked into
/etc/profile and ~/.guix-home/setup-environment it seems like that is
the original order without any interference from the user's shell
configuration.

> > The default /etc/profile should ensure that

The default /etc/profile only ensures that when the user profile is
~/.guix-profile or ~/.config/guix/current. Guix home stores the profile
at ~/.guix-home/profile.

> Thanks for that pointer! I'm in Bash, via Eat. [1] Right now I'm not
> sure where to look, so more references from anybody would be
> appreciated.

Maybe you could remove the packages with setuid-programs from your home
configuration, but really this seems like a bug in guix home to me.