guix-devel

Re: Core-updates, the last metres

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: Core-updates, the last metres
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 12:00:50 +0200

--

John Kehayias <john.kehayias@protonmail.com> writes:

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 08:00 PM, Guillaume Le Vaillant wrote:
>> Here are a few leaf packages that don't build because of some
>> failing dependencies:
>>  - blender is blocked by opencolorio
>
> Not sure what is wrong here (error for a null pointer...) and it is
> quite out of date. Looks like it'll need more than a quick fix to
> update it, though admittedly I didn't try.

Apparently fixed now!

>> [...]
>>  - freecad is blocked by python-pyside-2
>>

> Didn't look much here yet, looks like part of the Python QT bindings
> ecosystem. Maybe someone familiar with this can see a quick fix.

I thought it would be an easy fix: Ludo fixed python-shiboken-2
previously but the fix is erroneous, see the following patch.  However,
I'm still getting a build error that boils down to the following:

import importlib
importlib.machinery

errors out with python-minimal@3.10, but not with python@3.10!  I don't
really understand how this could happen, does anyone have an idea?

Best,
--
Josselin Poiret