guix-devel

python-ledgerblue as input for electrum? (was: Core-updates, the last me

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: python-ledgerblue as input for electrum? (was: Core-updates, the last metres)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 16:32:52 -0700

On 2023-04-23, Guillaume Le Vaillant wrote:
> Here are a few leaf packages that don't build because of some
> failing dependencies:
>  - blender is blocked by opencolorio
>  - electrum is blocked by python-ledgerblue

Hrm this is kind of an aisde, but python-ledgerblue is a plugin for
electrum to support specific hardware, which makes me wonder why it is
in one of the inputs for electrum at all...

There is at least one other, python-btchip-python; electron-cash has
similar inputs, python-keepkey and python-trezor.

My understanding is optional plugins in general should not be in inputs
for packages; people should add the plugins to their profile or
manifest, etc. for the hardware they plan to use...

live well,
  vagrant