guix-devel

Outdated dicod-service example in manual

From: Nathaniel Nicandro
Subject: Outdated dicod-service example in manual
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 08:53:53 -0500

Hello,

First off, I want to say thanks to all the Guix contributors.  I've
really enjoyed my time tinkering with my system!  This is my first post
to the mailing list after using Guix as my main operating system for the
past few years.

I've found that when I tried to use the example configuration for the
dicod-service in the manual
(https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Miscellaneous-Services.html#Dictionary-Service)
I wasn't able to get the wordnet dictionary working at all.

I was able to get it working for my use case with the following configuration:

    (dicod-configuration
       (handlers
        (list (dicod-handler
               (name "wordnet")
               (module "wordnet")
               (options (list #~(string-append "wnhome=" #$wordnet))))))
       (databases
        (list (dicod-database
               (name "wordnet")
               (handler "wordnet")
               (complex? #t)
               (options (list "merge-defs")))
              %dicod-database:gcide)))

Should I go ahead and make a documentation change patch or would there
be another example that would be preferred?

--
Nathaniel