guix-devel

Re: Latest news on core-updates

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Latest news on core-updates
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 10:47:44 +0200

Am Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 10:20:18AM +0200 schrieb Simon Tournier:
> Since Haskell is also broken on master for i686, I guess the option is
> to apply on some “feature™ branch” after the merge, right?

Yes indeed.

> Therefore, if many things are still missing, I suggest to apply #62967
> [2].  It removes the annoyance you spotted out in #62954 [3].  And as I
> explained in [4], it will be safe because ’valgrind’ appears only in the
> testsuite of ’lz4’ and ’valgrind’ is not even run there.
> Doing so, it will fix failures for powerpc64le and will increase the
> coverage.

CI just disappeared, so I cannot check. If r-minimal builds for powerpc64le
on master, then it is justifiable to fix the regression (leaving open the
possibility of an immediate revert if the patch introduces problems else-
where, which I do not expect). Otherwise I would postpone it until after
the merge.

Andreas