guix-devel

Re: gnu: julia: Fix test suite regression.

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: gnu: julia: Fix test suite regression.
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 15:32:45 +0200

Hi,

On lun., 17 avril 2023 at 11:45, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:

> you wrote recently that Julia requires more than 4GB to build, and the 16GB
> of my laptop were indeed not enough. Now I see this on CI for i686:
> Error in testset core:
> Error During Test at
> /tmp/guix-build-julia-1.8.3.drv-0/julia-1.8.3/test/testdefs.jl:21
>   Got exception outside of a @test
>   LoadError: OutOfMemoryError()

Well, Julia builds fine for me, both on x86_64 and i686 (using the
option -s i686-linux).  But indeed, Julia requires some memory to pass
the test suite – more than 16GB.

> Can we deduce that Julia is no more (?) able to be built on 32 bit systems?

Do you mean able to be natively built on 32 bit systems?

> Should we remove those from the supported systems?

Well, I am confused because Julia be cross-built and so i686 is part of
the supported systems.

Cheers,
simon