guix-devel

Re: wget (was Re: i686 core-updates failure.)

From: Kaelyn
Subject: Re: wget (was Re: i686 core-updates failure.)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 18:25:52 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, April 15th, 2023 at 4:37 PM, Kaelyn <kaelyn.alexi@protonmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,

I tried to update the package definition to be able to build from git but it
became a much bigger rabbit hole than I have the energy for at the moment. I
also tried to cherry-pick the commit from the merge request without luck. At
least until a new release of wget occurs (and is confirmed to build on i686), I
feel like the most expedient solution may be to revert commit 9cd22702b8 which
updated wget from 1.21.1 to 1.21.3. I tried building 1.21.2 for i686 and hit
the same test failures, but have confirmed that 1.21.1 builds just fine for
i686 on core-updates

Cheers,
Kaelyn