guix-devel

Re: bug#61879: Powerpc on core-updates

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: bug#61879: Powerpc on core-updates
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 14:46:00 +0100

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:

> In the file
>    libstdc++-v3/src/c++17/floating_from_chars.cc
> previous functions have code like this:
> #if _GLIBCXX_USE_CXX11_ABI
>   buffer_resource mr;
>   pmr::string buf(&mr);
> #else
>   string buf;
>   if (!reserve_string(buf))
>     return make_result(first, 0, {}, ec);
> #endif
>
> while here we only have:
>   buffer_resource mr;
>   pmr::string buf(&mr);
>
> So my guess would be that we should simply replace this snippet with the
> one above.
>
> Could someone with access to a powerpc machine try out this change?

Thanks for figuring this out Andreas! I've managed to apply this change
in the relevant place, and it appears to work.

I tried to apply it in a way that only affected powerpc64le-linux, but
I'm not sure I was successful. I've got no idea where it's best to apply
this patch, or how describe it, but at least this is a step forward.