guix-devel

Re: i686 core-updates failure.

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: i686 core-updates failure.
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2023 11:18:35 +0200

Hi,

CC: teams for each ecosystem.

About i686 core-updates failures, well I do not know where to start :-)
when giving a look at:

https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/391720/dashboard?system=i686-linux

1. Java

Well, it seems broken because wget-1.21.3
<https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/709528/log/raw>.

Any taker?

2. Python

Well, python-numpy-1.23.2 seems the first to tackle for improving the
situation. <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/712672/log/raw>

Any taker?

3. Haskell:

Well, Haskell is broken because ghc-8.10.7 is broken with:

building of `/gnu/store/fk4nlvkdl0qgafybd8kbg2c9a4vq5fz4-ghc-8.10.7.drv' timed
out after 3600 seconds of silence
@ build-failed /gnu/store/fk4nlvkdl0qgafybd8kbg2c9a4vq5fz4-ghc-8.10.7.drv -
timeout

Note that Haskell is also broken on master for a similar error with
ghc-9.2.5 <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/478772/log/raw>.

Therefore, the question is: do we drop Haskell for i686?

4. R

Corollary of #3, pandoc is broken and so many R packages too.

Well, the situation seems similar with master for Haskell and R
packages.

Cheers,
simon