guix-devel

Re: i686 core-updates failure.

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: i686 core-updates failure.
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 23:05:40 +0200

Hi Kaelyn,

Kaelyn <kaelyn.alexi@protonmail.com> writes:

> I call the dependency chain odd in that pulseaudio--which is near the heart
> of a lot of Linux software that supports audio--is failing because
> inkscape--a graphical vector editor--is a dependency of a tool designed to
> extract API documentation from source code.

I agree that this is quite a "heavy" dependency chain for pulseaudio,
but this is also the case for most programs which produce documentation.
In the end, they also don't retain references to inkscape, so once
they're built on CI, anyone using substitutes wouldn't need to download
all of that part of the dependency chain.

Best,
--
Josselin Poiret