guix-devel

Re: [core-updates] qtbase 6 ssl tests fail.

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: [core-updates] qtbase 6 ssl tests fail.
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 22:36:05 +0200

Hi Ricardo,

I see you've fixed this by disabling the qssl tests, however I think
this is a shortcoming on our part.  Qt 6.4 has a fix for this, so I
wanted to upgrade our Qt to 6.5.0.  Upstream only supports the Ninja
CMake generator, so I also adapted the package definition to it.  One
issue is that one file takes 4G of RAM to build on my computer, and so
gets terminated on a parallel build.  What would be the usual policy
with such a problem?

Disabling parallel builds for Qt 6 would massively slow the whole build,
so I'm not sure this is a solution either.

Here's the patch I have for now.

Best,
--
Josselin Poiret