guix-devel

Re: herd stop hangs

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: herd stop hangs
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 20:05:20 +0000

> What is going on here? Any ideas? I'm completely lost at this point.

a random stab: with custom service code, it's possible to put shepherd into a
state where it doesn't respond to herd remote requests anymore (nor
shutdown/reboot requests). try if your shepherd works fine otherwise, e.g. with
other services. if not, then the issue might be in the code that starts your
service.

unfortunately i can't remember anymore what caused this for me, and shepherd
has also seen a few fixes since then.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39