guix-devel

Re: core-updates sprint (was: Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: core-updates sprint (was: Building more of ‘core-updates’ on ci.guix)
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:49:24 +0200

Am Sat, Apr 08, 2023 at 12:28:07PM +0200 schrieb Josselin Poiret:
> Should we organize a code sprint soon to bring the community together
> and try and get this finally merged?  I can take care of sending a mail
> to guix-devel, as long as we have enough helping hands for the fateful
> day(s).
> If so, would next week-end (15-16 april) work?

Excellent idea! I will be available one of the days (tentatively Sunday,
but it will depend on the weather as I would like to go to a gardening
faire ;-)) I suppose we would then coordinate on the #guix channel on IRC?

The powerpc bug has apparently been fixed by one of the latest commits,
so it makes sense to advance. aarch64 is in very bad shape (maybe due to
a lack of build power), and i686 could also do better. But I think we have
a basis for substantial progress.

Andreas