guix-devel

Commits and bug closing (was: something else)

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Commits and bug closing (was: something else)
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2023 21:11:40 +0200

Hello,

Am Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 09:19:43AM -0700 schrieb Felix Lechner:
> Do we have a hook that closes such bugs automatically via instructions
> in commit messages?
> If not, I'd be happy to look into writing such a thing. It would also
> help to tie commits to bug reports, which can be good for research
> after the fact.

we do not as far as I know, and I agree that it would be useful to add
a two-way link between bug reports and commits (for "real" bugs, not
"issues" created from the patches list).

I do not know if there is a general convention on how this should be done;
supposedly it would need a bit of discussion to come to a consensus.

Andreas