guix-devel

Re: Guidelines for pre-trained ML model weight binaries (Was re: Where s

From: Jack Hill
Subject: Re: Guidelines for pre-trained ML model weight binaries (Was re: Where should we put machine learning model parameters?)
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 17:18:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Apr 2023, Nicolas Graves via "Development of GNU Guix and the GNU
System distribution. wrote:

Just to be precise on llama, what I proposed was to include the port of
Facebook code to CPP, (llama.cpp, see ticket 62443 on guix-patches),
which itself has a license.

The weight themselves indeed do not have a license. You can only
download them through torrents because they were leaked. For this model
in particular, we can't include them in Guix indeed (also because of
their sheer size).

The other case I evoked and one that is more mature is the case of VOSK
audio recognition, which model binaries have an Apache license (you can
find them here: https://alphacephei.com/vosk/models

One more case to consider: rnnoise, which is already packaged in Guix. If the licence filed is to be believed the weights are bsd3. For how they are created, see the `TRAINING-README` file in the source. That procedure produced `rnn_data.{c,h}` files which are present in the outputs of `guix build -S rnnoise`.

Best,
Jack