guix-devel

Re: State of core-updates

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: State of core-updates
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2023 17:15:21 +0200

Hi Andreas,

On mar., 14 mars 2023 at 21:43, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:

>> Well, maybe it could be helpful if now Berlin or Bordeaux starts to
>> build etc/release-manifest.scm.  WDYT?
>
> That sounds like a great next step. Someone just has to do it™...

The set of Someone is restricted since it requires special
privileges. :-)

Well, if the CI is not building a subset of packages, for instance the
etc/release-manifest.scm, then I am not convinced that rebuilding the
world again and again is worth the resources it requires, IMHO.

Anyway, I am just back from holidays and maybe core-updates had been
merged in the meantime… I have not read yet all the emails. ;-)

Cheers,
simon