guix-devel

Re: Qt in core-updates

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Qt in core-updates
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 01:05:46 +0100

Am Wed, Mar 01, 2023 at 12:54:04AM +0100 schrieb Andreas Enge:
> Well, I gave it a try, and it seems to be okay.

I spake too fast. Somehow I took samba/fixed from core-updates instead
of samba/pinned from master, and since I do not quite follow which is what,
I will give up and let someone else figure it out... I am too afraid of
making security relevant wrong choices here or incidentally downgrading
packages by choosing the wrong version.

Anyway, I still think it would be good to merge master into core-updates,
to get rid of (qt)webkit, and thus to advance on pyqt and consorts.
Thanks!

Andreas