guix-devel

Re: Qt in core-updates (was: KDE in core-updates)

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Qt in core-updates (was: KDE in core-updates)
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2023 16:13:52 +0100

Hello Philip, Kiasoc5, Efraim,

thanks a lot for your input!

Indeed I got my information that Qt 5 was phased out from Wikipedia,
which mentioned May 2021 as the end of support. I did not expect there
to be more versions! But then discovered the 5.15.8 version, probably
related to the commercial support available until May this year?

Anyway, I updated in my own branch wip-andreas-core-updates (since I wanted
to avoid rebuilding core-updates with its recent world-rebuilding changes);
just qtwebengine takes 6 hours on my laptop... (And it required the update,
since it would not build at version 5.15.5.) Now I am trying to build all
the Qt packages before applying the patch to core-updates; it looks good
so far.

Andreas