guix-devel

Re: Question on the process of packge withdrawal

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Question on the process of packge withdrawal
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 14:55:50 -0500

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023, at 12:12, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
> I think packages removal should go to the patch tracker, with a CC to
> guix-devel to give more visibility to let time for all parties to
> comment or find a solution (perhaps a maintained fork exists, etc.)

I agree that removal should go through the patch tracker. However, for a case
like this one, I don't think there's any reason to wait very long before pushing

>From the users' point of view, the package is effectively already gone,
>because it does not build.

It's confusing and frustrating for the list of available packages in the UI to
include broken packages, so I suggest that speedy removal is best.