guix-devel

Re: Python

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: Python
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 17:56:59 +0100

Hi,

> Right now I am left with a number of test failures that look real and cannot
> easily be solved by an upgrade (either because we are already on the latest
> version or because the tests still fail): python-sgmllib3k, python-typeguard
> and python-coveralls. See messages below.
I don’t know for sure why any of these packages’ tests fail. typeguard
looks like it expects specific strings from Python or one of its libraries
– safe to ignore. sgmllib3k looks pretty dead upstream. Perhaps it’s
not even needed any more? Updates to Python packages (via `guix refresh`)
do not update dependencies and thus the list of inputs/native-inputs
are most likely outdated.

Well, there are reasons no-one is updating the Python ecosystem
regularly…

Cheers,
Lars