guix-devel

Re: [Internship][Discussion] Do we want to run our own internship progra

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Internship][Discussion] Do we want to run our own internship program?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 00:12:35 +0100

Hi!

Gábor Boskovits <gboskovits@gmail.com> skribis:

> Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. febr.
> 14., K 13:24):
>
>> Hi Gábor,
>>
>> On lun., 13 févr. 2023 at 21:13, Gábor Boskovits <gboskovits@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > So, the question is: do we want to run our own?
>>
>> By “our own”, do you mean something like “Guix Summer of Code”?  Or
>> whatever other season. :-)
>>

> Yes, exactly.

[...]

>> If yes, doing that under the French law is not straightforward and it
>> would require some paperwork.  Well, maybe not.
>>

> Yes, that is part of the know-how I referred to.

I think that might be challenging, but we should check applicable rules
in each of our countries.

BTW, my employer would happily take a student for a 2–4 month internship
on Guix-related work; in practice that’s typically for someone already
living in France or nearby because the stipend barely covers living
expenses, unfortunately.  Anyway, not an internship “program” by any
stretch, but if someone’s interested, lemme know!

Ludo’.