guix-devel

Re: Error booting aarch64 installation image (was: Building arm64 guix s

From: Roman Scherer
Subject: Re: Error booting aarch64 installation image (was: Building arm64 guix system image)
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:03:34 +0100

Hi Max,

I think you need to use --image-type=efi-raw for this to work.

To boot from an USB stick, also make sure to use an USB A to C adapter
and put the stick into the USB port on the left side of your computer.

I actually installed my Guix system from another distro. I roughly
followed this guide here:

https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/guix-on-an-arm-board/

I'm not sure if I can link to it here, so I will just mention that I
have a Guix channel that contains some of the Asahi Linux packages,
which you might want at some point.

Roman