guix-devel

Re: Architecture support

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Architecture support
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 09:23:09 +0000

Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Am Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 04:49:33PM +0000 schrieb Christopher Baines:
>> I'll keep an eye on the core-updates state on data.qa.guix.gnu.org and
>> submit some builds for core things manually when the derivations are
>> available.
>
> the bootstrapping of core-updates seems to be in place, so maybe you could
> launch "hello" so that people can work on issues further down (concerning
> particular languages and packages, for instance) without having to do the
> bootstrap for themselves?

I submitted builds for hello for several architectures a couple of days
ago [1], it seems to have built for aarch64-linux but got stuck on
x86_64-linux. I'm guessing this could be system/filesystem related, so
I've submitted some more builds to try and find out.

1:
http://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/revision/3b57f25f55c52c97428106de285d3cf2746554dc/package/hello/2.12.1?locale=en_US.UTF-8