guix-devel

Re: Python

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Python
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2023 21:27:23 +0100

Am Sun, Feb 19, 2023 at 04:50:37PM +0100 schrieb Lars-Dominik Braun:
> eolie upstream looks dead, same with jrnl.

How do we drop them from the distribution? Do we need to prepare a NEWS
item?

> The rest seems to be alive
> without any references to python-pycrypto. So these should be upgradable
> and then we can drop python-pycrypto.

I found python-miio, which depends on python-android-backup, which depends
on python-pycrypto.

The first one looks alive with a new release last July, the middle one
looks dead.

Looking at
   https://github.com/rytilahti/python-miio/blob/master/pyproject.toml
android-backup appears to be an optional dependency.

Are you okay with dropping python-android-backup from Guix?

Andreas