guix-devel

Re: Architecture support

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Architecture support
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 10:45:25 +0100

Am Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 05:40:36PM +0100 schrieb Julien Lepiller:
> Could we get berlin to evaluate a small set of core packages (mpc, hello, …)?
> Are the changes intended to fix the issue with bordeaux's machines? Is it
> configured to build core-updates?

The MES changes were meant to fix bug #41264, which was not bordeaux
specific. I had launched by hand a core-updates evaluation a few days ago
there, but am hesitant to do so again, given that the machines are also
quite busy with QA work for other patches.

It might be better to try on berlin, where the machines are mostly idle.
However, the most recent core-updates evaluation failed (as well as all
previous ones):
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/194090
with
   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/194090/log/raw
substitute: ␛[Kupdating substitutes from 'http://141.80.167.131'...   0.0%
substitute: ␛[Kcould not fetch
http://141.80.167.131/9s8c9jc055nlspssczi5qh2p48d8ka4q.narinfo 404
substitute: updating substitutes from 'http://141.80.167.131'... 100.0%
building of
`/gnu/store/95as6p67634qd68yah9zswsmbl0hmbjs-gcc-cross-boot0-11.3.0.drv' timed
out after 21600 seconds

It looks like there is a problem with offloading, it would be nice if
someone with knowledge of cuirass and/or berlin could have a look.

Andreas