guix-devel

Re: Merging core-updates?

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Merging core-updates?
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 17:11:47 +0000

Hi Katherine et al,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 09:40 AM, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote:

> Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 10:05:40AM +0100, Julien Lepiller wrote:
>>> Hi Guix!
>>>
>>> As discussed at Guix Days before Fosdem, we haven't merged core-updates
>>> in a very long time. I'd volunteer to lead this effort, but I don't
>>> know what steps I should follow. Do we have some documentation about
>>> that?
>>
>> I think we normally have a 2 week last-chance window to get all sorts of
>> last minute packages bumped and then we freeze it and try to build
>> "everything".
>

> On that note, could we possibly give Mesa one final bump? The latest
> version is 22.3.5, and the version in core-updates is 22.2.4.
>
> I also hope to be able to test, but my schedule tends to run away from
> me.

Yes, I would like to get Mesa up to date, we have the smaller LLVM closure now
and the pending patches for some Vulkan paths/packages. I would like to help
review/test/push those but I'm in the middle of a move so if anyone wants to
beat me to it in the next week or so, please do :) But yes, those are all on my
radar and certainly a preferred activity to more packing...

John