guix-devel

Release (was Re: Discussion notes on releases and branches)

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Release (was Re: Discussion notes on releases and branches)
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 10:22:35 +0100

Hi,

Thanks Andreas for the notes. :-)

On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 at 13:19, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:

> - A release schedule for a release every 4 to 6 months sounds
>   reasonable.
> - Mathieu, Simon, Julien and Andreas volunteer to be members of a release

Ludo was volunteer for helping, if I remember correctly. ;-)

First we should start more or less now for the next release. :-)

Second, it was not clear and is still not clear for me when the branch
is created, if a core-updates branch is merged before, etc.  Well, I do
not remember we discussed the workflow.  Do we?  If yes, what was the
consensus?

Cheers,
simon