guix-devel

Re: branch master updated: gnu: emacs: Add TREE_SITTER_GRAMMAR_PATH supp

From: Andrew Tropin
Subject: Re: branch master updated: gnu: emacs: Add TREE_SITTER_GRAMMAR_PATH support.
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2023 08:24:47 +0400

On 2023-02-12 01:14, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> skribis:
>
>> On 2023-02-11 16:35, Andrew Tropin wrote:
>
> [...]
>>>
>>> It could be applied to emacs-next only and we could move it to emacs
>>> later when it updated to 29, but I checked guix refresh --list-dependent
>>> emacs and it shown less than 100 packages so I decided to apply it
>>> straight to emacs, but I forgot that emacs-minimal is inherited from
>>> emacs and I guess you are right and it will affect all the emacs
>>> packages.  Anything we would like to do about it right now?
>>
>> Let's keep it as it is and I'll store it in mind for the next time.
>
> Right.
>
>> There is an idea to update guix refresh --list-dependent to handle the
>> case with inherited packages as well.  WDYT?
>
> Unfortunately, it’s not possible because inheritance info isn’t
> available at run time.
>
> However, peer review and <https://qa.guix.gnu.org> should be able to
> catch it.  No big deal, but next time we’ll know.

I need to figure out how to use qa service, it seems the patch
https://yhetil.org/87edqxri41.fsf@trop.in

is not recognized by
https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/49946

Probably it relies on subject for extracting apropriate patches for CI?

Will need to take a look at the source code, thank you for the idea.

--
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin