guix-devel

Re: Help adding a graph backend

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: Help adding a graph backend
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 09:25:10 +0000

> Since I am not that excited about corrupting my /gnu/store given
> that I don't know what I am doing, I didn't proceed further.

you shouldn't worry until you actually install some packages that you have
modified. a subsequent `guix gc` will delete anything you have produced into
/gnu/store but haven't installed.

this should work in a git checkout:

guix shell --pure --development guix
./bootstrap
./configure --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
make -j
./pre-inst-env guix graph ...

afterwards you don't need to invoke `make -j` every time you modify something,
it just makes the startup time faster.

if you'll ever need to use extra channels and/or packages:

export GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH=/path/to/some-guile-modules:/another/path
export GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/path/to/some-guile-modules:$GUILE_LOAD_PATH

HTH,

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39