guix-devel

Re: Guix Games Collection

From: Csepp
Subject: Re: Guix Games Collection
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 00:42:56 +0100

Tobias Platen <guix@platen-software.de> writes:

> I had submitted a talk for LibrePlanet called "Gaming on a Talos II -
> how I avoid using Steam". Unfortunately, there were so many high
> quality talks that it was impossible to fit them all in the program.
> So I will do a lightning  talk [1], about my work in progress Guix
> Games Collection, a list of games that are playable on a freedom
> respecting machine such as the Talos II or Thinkpad X200 (with
> Libreboot) on the Guix System. I also plan to make a haunt page with
> screenshots/videos for each game, similar to the Steam storepages.
>
> [1]:
> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2023/Lightning_Talks

I guess we'll find out from the talk anyways, but I'm curious:
do you only play games on it that are fully free (including assets,
missions, etc) or are games where only the code is libre also allowed.
Thinking of examples like Kandria, Quadrilateral Cowboy, etc, which have
GPL codebases but you still need to buy the game to get the assets.