guix-devel

Re: Proposed changes to the commit policy (#59513)

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Proposed changes to the commit policy (#59513)
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2023 14:09:13 +0100

Am Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 10:03:14PM +0000 schrieb Christopher Baines:
> changes happen more slowly, but this is why I'm working on the tools and
> processes, as I think that's a path to trying to maintain and improve
> the quality while reducing the impact to pace and enjoyment.
> I'm sure there are ways of addressing at least some of the problems you
> mention above

One idea that came to my mind is that once the patch passes all tests
in automatic quality assurance, it could be committed automatically and
the bug closed (well, maybe not any patches, but at least these kind of
update patches, or specially tagged ones). This would not force people
to get back to them.

However I think it cannot work, since it means rebasing on the current
master, which invalidates the signature of the commit.

Andreas