guix-devel

Re: auth-tarball-from-git

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: auth-tarball-from-git
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 18:21:46 +0200

Hi!

kiasoc5@disroot.org skribis:

> Authenticate a tarball through a signed tag in a git repository (with
> reproducible builds).
>
> Blog post: https://vulns.xyz/2022/05/auth-tarball-from-git/
>
> Source code: https://github.com/kpcyrd/auth-tarball-from-git
>
> Pretty interesting, could be useful for guix.

The example here is about downloading github.com-generated tarballs,
which we don’t do in Guix for other reasons.

The kind of tarballs that Guix packages refer to are not autogenerated;
they contain more than what the VCS has.  Thus, they’re also more
difficult to authenticate if they’re not signed.

Thanks for sharing!

Ludo’.