guix-devel

Re: emacs-guix (upstream) needs more love: a survey of repositories, hom

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: emacs-guix (upstream) needs more love: a survey of repositories, homepage and issues
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 08:32:17 +0200

Hello,

I've removed "GNU Guix maintainers <guix-maintainers@gnu.org>"

Kaelyn <kaelyn.alexi@protonmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> how is your cherry-picking going?
>>
>> is there anything I can do to help?

[...]

> However, I keep getting elisp errors about something having the wrong
> number of arguments,

I think it depends from the Emacs upgrade to 28.1 since I saw other
emacs packages had to adjust the build due to wrong number of arguments

emacs-guix as distributed now (taken from
https://gitlab.com/emacs-guix/emacs-guix.git) compiles well on 28.1

[...]

> I wanted to at least make sure the package built with the included
> guix.scm before figuring out how to send a pull request (or patch
> series) to a savannah-hosted project, but that error has me stumped.

OK, I'll try this week-end and I'll report back my findings

Thank! Gio'

[...]

--
Giovanni Biscuolo