guix-devel

Re: Errors with (display) when building derivations from the REPL.

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Errors with (display) when building derivations from the REPL.
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 20:01:33 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 10:00, Brian Cully <bjc@spork.org> wrote:
> I’m trying to do some work on Guix with Emacs and Geiser, and
> while a lot of things work fairly well, I consistently run into
> problems when trying to build derivations from the Geiser
> REPL. From what I can tell by looking at where it’s breaking, it
> seems to me like the output of the build process is supposed to be
> captured for display by the client, but (for whatever reason) the
> output port its supposed to go to is closed. The failing line
> appears to be these (found in guix/store.scm:758):

Well, I do not know.  And my comment here is probably not helpful.

Hum, it seems there is limitation by Geiser building some packages.  For
instance, it had been reported [1,2]; via Emacs-Guix but maybe it is
from Geiser.  Well, give a look at the issue in the Geiser bug tracker
[3,4].  Do not miss [5]. :-)

1: <https://yhetil.org/guix/87lfcy34s8.fsf@ambrevar.xyz>
2: <https://yhetil.org/guix/87ft5dzj2z.fsf@ambrevar.xyz>
3: <https://yhetil.org/guix/87pn4g8eay.fsf@ambrevar.xyz>