guix-devel

Re: Multiple profiles with Guix Home

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: Multiple profiles with Guix Home
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 22:41:10 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op do 05-05-2022 om 22:27 [+0200]:
> > > Does this affect applications other than Guix itself?
> >
> > Yes, every glibc-using package.  It's where glibc looks for glibc
> > locales.
> Fair enough, but we still only need one of that, which is where glibc-
> locales is installed.  Any profile will do here.

Like with SSL_CERT_DIR, not any profile will do!  glibc-locales must be
present in a profile that has a package with the GUIX_LOCPATH search
path, otherwise Guix won't define the $GUIX_LOCPATH environment
variable.

In practice, this means that "glibc" needs to be added to the profile
that contains "glibc-locales".

Greetings,
Maxime.